To complement our media development and optimization services, FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific offers Spent Media Analysis. This analysis provides an understanding of changes in culture conditions over time. FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific can provide data within approximately 10 business days.
The following provides descriptions of FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific’s current offerings, as well as sample preparation instructions.
Level 1—Glucose, Lactate, Glutamine, Ammonia
(Nova BioProfile Flex Analyzer)
These components are primary indicators of culture kinetics.
Level 2—Amino Acids
(HPLC with UV)
Includes 20 amino acids commonly found in cell culture media. Amino acids can be rate-limiting factors for both growth and production.
Level 3—Water Soluble Vitamins
(HPLC with UV)
Includes pyridoxine, niacinamide, folic acid, vitamin B12, riboflavin, and thiamine. This testing is primarily for in-depth media development.
- Spin down the sample to remove the cells.
- Sterile the filter through a 0.2 micron filter.
- Transfer at least 5mL of the sample into a centrifuge tube.
- Label the sample with the company name, date, experiment name, and culture time-point.
- Freeze the sample at -20°C, and then send frozen (overnight with dry ice) to the attention of: David Ho, Industrial Cell Culture R&D (Analytical Testing)
Results provided in the report referenced herein are not intended for regulatory submission purposes governed under Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs).