Last Updated: June 5, 2018
Commitment to User Privacy
Irvine Scientific respects your concerns about privacy and is committed to ensuring that the processing of your personal data is conducted in compliance with the fundamental rights and protections of persons, with particular reference to confidentiality and personal identity.
How to Contact Us
Attn: Data Protection Officer
1830 E Warner Avenu
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Personal Information We Obtain
The personal data we obtain varies based on your specific interactions with us, such as when you:
- purchase products or services from us;
- request product samples or information;
- process or execute an agreement or contract with us;
- create an account on our website;
- register or sign up for an event, seminar, or promotion;
- participate in events, surveys, questionnaires, research, or evaluations;
- communicate with us or submit an application in regards a career opportunity at Irvine Scientific;
- correspond with us or request information from us; or
- otherwise establish a business relationship with us as a vendor, partner, consultant, customer, distributor, etc.
The types of personal information we obtain may include but are not limited to:
- contact information (such as full name, email address, telephone number, postal or other physical address) for you or for others (e.g., principals in your business or billing contacts);
- information used to create an online account (such as username and password);
- biographical and demographic information (such as gender, birthdate, job title/position, and occupation);
- professional and industry-related information (such as areas of work, technologies used, scientific areas of interest, company type, and company name);
- billing and financial information (such as name, billing address, payment card details, bank account information, credit history, and purchase history);
- information you submit in connection with a career opportunity at Irvine Scientific, such as contact details, information in your résumé (including work history, education and language skills), and details about your current employment;
- information necessary for payroll, and HR-related requirements for employment at Irvine Scientific;
- location data (such as data derived from your IP address, country, and zip code);
- clickstream data and other information about your online activities on our websites (such as information about your devices, browsing actions, and usage patterns);
- personal information contained in forums, blogs, and testimonials you provide or that we obtain from publicly available sources (such as social media channels);
- information related to registration or participation in classroom or online training or seminars;
- information related to registration or participation in tradeshows, professional conferences, or congresses;
- information necessary to provide support or services (such as contact details, support details, and event history);
- personal information contained in content you submit to us; and
- other personal information we may obtain through providing products, services, or information.
Please note that providing personal information to us is voluntary on your part. If you choose not to provide us certain information, we may not be able to offer you certain products and services.
How We Use Personal Information
We use the information we obtain to:
- provide and administer our products and services (including websites for which you have registered);
- process and fulfill orders in connection with our products and services, and to keep you informed about the status of your orders;
- help you complete a transaction or order and provide customer support;
- bill you for products and services you purchased;
- provide training, support and consulting services;
- manage career opportunities, including for recruitment purposes, employee onboarding, and other Human Resources purposes;
- create and manage your account with Irvine Scientific;
- operate, evaluate, and improve our business (such as by administering, developing, enhancing, and improving our products and services; managing our communications and customer relationships; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities);
- perform data analytics (such as research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and customer segmentation);
- communicate with you about your account and orders (including sending emails relating to your registration, account status, order confirmations, renewal or expiration notices, and other important information);
- conduct marketing and sales activities (including sending you promotional materials, generating leads, pursuing marketing prospects, performing market research, determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns, and managing our brand);
- communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, events, programs, promotions, surveys, seminars, training events, and tradeshows;
- verify your identity and protect your account against unauthorized use or abuse of our services;
- protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity;
- comply with and enforce relevant industry regulatory standards, contractual obligations, and our policies;
- maintain and enhance the security of our services, systems, network services, information resources, and employees; and
- respond to your inquiries.
Depending on the purposes for which personal information is used, and the context in which the data is obtained, we may rely on one or more of the following legal bases:
- performance of a contract with you or a relevant party;
- fulfilling obligations imposed by law, regulation, or order of an authority;
- our legitimate business interests;
- compliance with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims; or
- your consent to the processing, which you can revoke at any time.
We may combine data collected from you with other sources to help us improve the accuracy of our marketing and communications as well as to help expand or tailor our interactions with you. We may anonymize or aggregate personal information and use it for the purposes described above and for other purposes to the extent permitted by applicable law. We also may use personal information for additional purposes that we specify at the time of collection. We will obtain your consent for these additional uses to the extent required by applicable law.
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent for the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Cookies and Other Technologies
We use these automated technologies to provide you with a personalized user experience and to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns as it relates to site visitation statistics. The information we obtain in this manner includes IP address and other identifiers associated with your devices, device characteristics (such as operating system), language preferences, referring/exit pages, navigation paths, access times, browser preferences and characteristics, installed plugins, local time zones, local storage preferences, clickstream data, and other information about your online activities.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about you except as described here or at the time of collection. Irvine Scientific may share personal data in the following ways:
- if sharing your data is necessary to provide a product, service, or information you have requested;
- as part of a joint sales promotion or to pass sales leads to our business partners or distributors;
- for the purposes of validating employment, training completed, or certifications achieved;
- with our customers to report and help manage issues requiring support or as part of consulting services;
- with service providers we have engaged to perform services on our behalf (such as payment processing, order fulfillment, customer support, customer relations management, and data analytics). These service providers are required to safeguard the information provided to them and are restricted from using or disclosing such information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements;
- with approved third-party partners, to offer or provide our products and services to you; and
We also may disclose personal information about you (1) if we are required or permitted to do so by applicable law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (2) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials to comply with a legitimate legal request, (3) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss to Irvine Scientific or its employees, customers, partners, or the public, as required or permitted by law, (4) to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights, and (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud, illegal activity, security, or technical issues.
In addition, we reserve the right to transfer to relevant third parties information we have about you in the event of a potential or actual sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution, or liquidation) or other business transaction.
We also may share the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent to the extent required by applicable law.
Links to Other Web Sites
Your Rights and Choices
Where provided by law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information, and we will apply your preferences going forward. This will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your information based on your consent before its withdrawal.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, consistent with legal requirements where the personal information was obtained, designed to protect against unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, use or disclosure of, or access to, the personal information we obtain.
If Irvine Scientific becomes aware of a data incident in which personal information may have been compromised, we will notify affected parties of the data incident promptly and without undue delay, and will promptly take reasonable steps to minimize harm and secure personal information.
Notifications will describe details of the incident, to the extent possible, including steps taken to mitigate the potential risks and any steps we recommend affected parties take to address the data incident.
Notifications of any data incident may be delivered by direct or indirect communications (for example, by phone call, in-person meeting, email, written notification, etc.) at Irvine Scientific’s discretion.
Irvine Scientific will notify appropriate authorities of any confirmed data breach where personal information has been compromised to the extent required by applicable law or regulatory requirement.
Irvine Scientific’s notification of or response to a data incident will not be construed as an acknowledgement by Irvine Scientific of any fault or liability with respect to the data incident.
Retention of Personal Information