We are hiring for a Sr. Industrial Engineer. The Sr. Industrial Engineer will design, develop, and implement new processes for new products, to ensure timely completion of prototypes and associated costing and manufacturing procedures. The person in this role will provide classical Industrial Engineering support for the implementation of Lean Manufacturing. Additionally, the Sr. Industrial Engineer develops labor standards, B.O.M. standards, performance factors and performance measurement and reporting.
- Responsible for the application of industrial/manufacturing engineering techniques such as methods improvement, process improvement, layout analysis and planning, standard cost development/analysis, engineering economy, statistics, SQC, time study, production planning/machine balancing, simulation, etc. to improve productivity and reduce manufacturing costs; Lean manufacturing principles used whenever applicable
- Responsible for the application of industrial engineering and lean manufacturing techniques to analyze, develop, support and improve production and information systems to reduce costs and increase productivity
- Formulate and provide budgetary information to operations and management
- Review production schedules, processes, specifications, and related information
- Design production processes that maximize efficiency and reduce waste
- Develop and implement process improvements and technological upgrades
- Design control systems to minimize costs and production issues
- Develop design and production standards in cooperation with management and production
- Design the layout of facilities and determine personnel requirements
- Train staff on new processes and provide instructions and SOP’s/DTI’s
- Manage process documentation and prepare production reports
- Degree in industrial engineering or related field required
- At least 8 years relevant work experience
- Advanced knowledge of production equipment, processes, and standards
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
- Documentation and organization skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, Solidworks, AUTOCAD and capacity simulator software (FLEXSIM or equivalent)
- GMP experience is required
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.