We are seeking a Scientist Intern, R&D. This individual provides R&D support of projects in product and process development by conducting laboratory research under the guidance of a supervisor.
- Plan and execute cell culturing experiments in small-scale and table top bioreactors
- Prepare media from raw materials
- Analyze data and build statistical models to predict product and/or process performance
- Perform various biological and analytical assays
- Prepare formal reports and presentations for group meetings
- Actively participate in group/project meetings
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications
- Good Documentation Practices & Good Laboratory Practices
- BS. student in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or Engineering with any knowledge of bioreactor systems.
- Minimum 0 - 2 years of relevant lab experience
- General lab safety
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills
- Problem solving capabilities to accomplish tasks
- Ability to use professional concepts to perform assigned work and solve complex problems
- Ability to demonstrate potential for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought
- Understanding of Cell Culturing
- General knowledge of basic laboratory equipment (scales, pH meters, etc.)
- General knowledge of commonly used experimental/research concepts, practices, and procedures.
- General knowledge of computer systems and productivity software.
- General knowledge of GMP and GLP procedures.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.