We are hiring a Research Scientist, ART. The Research Scientist, ART will conduct research under the direction of a supervisor leading to the development of new or improved products in the Assisted Reproductive Technologies business unit.
- Perform cell culture experiments for cell biology research, product development, technical product support, and/or process improvements
- Perform animal gametes and embryo handling, culturing and manipulation, cell staining, cryopreservation, PCR, and next generation sequencing
- Be involved with experimental strategy development and work on complex and challenging problems in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors
- Exercise judgment within general defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Perform data analysis, prepare formal reports and presentations
- Actively participate in group/project meetings
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications
- Document data and relevant research information
- BS in Life Sciences, Biochemistry, Human Genetics, Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology or equivalent; MS preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant working experience with emphasis in cell culture.
- Clinical Embryology knowledge and experience highly desired
- Ability to use professional concepts, company's policies, and procedures to perform a wide range of assigned work and solve complex problems
- Ability to demonstrate potential for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent though
- Advanced knowledge of Cell Culture, Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Microbiology.
- Advanced knowledge of project management
- Proficient in interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in written and oral communication skills; also, able to plan and deliver presentations
- Efficient customer service skills in the best interest of both customer and company
- General knowledge of computer systems and productivity software.
- General knowledge of GMP and GLP procedures.
- Ability to speak, write and read English fluently.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.