CTGrade rh PDGF-BB is a recombinant human protein that is produced from E. coli and is designed to support preclinical and clinical research, as well as commercial applications, and offers:
- High biological activity verified by a relevant bioactivity assay
- Low endotoxin levels
- ≥ 98% purity
- High lot-to-lot consistency
Size: 50 µg, 100 µg, and 1 mg. Custom sizes and packaging available on request.
PDGF-BB (Platelet-derived growth factor) comprises a family of homo or heterodimeric growth factors, including PDGF-AA, PDGF-BB, PDGF-CC, and PDGF-DD.
- Binds to two different transmembrane tyrosine kinase receptors (PDGFR-alpha and PDFGR-beta)
- Released from degranulating platelets and plays a role in each stage of wound healing
- Stimulates mitogenicity and chemotaxis of neutrophils, macrophages, fibroblasts, and smooth muscle cells to the wound site
- Enhances proliferation of fibroblasts and their production of extracellular matrix
The biological activity of CTGrade interleukins and growth factors is standardized, where applicable, to WHO International standards, providing cell and gene therapy developers consistent, lot-to-lot biological activity and performance.
The CTGrade products are manufactured in a facility that does not use or process beta-lactam containing materials. No animal- or human-derived materials were used during manufacturing or as ingredients. These products are manufactured, tested, and released in an ISO 9001:2015 certified facility following cGMP practices. USP chapter <1043> for ancillary materials has been considered in the manufacture of these products.