CTGrade rh IL-21 is a recombinant human protein that is produced from E. coli and is designed to support basic, translational, and clinical research, as well as commercial applications, and offers:
- High biological activity verified by a relevant bioactivity assay
- Low endotoxin levels
- ≥ 97% purity
- High lot-to-lot consistency
Size: 50 µg, 100 µg, and 1 mg. Custom sizes and packaging available on request.
IL-21 is a common chain cytokine regulating many cell types of the immune system. The IL-21 receptor (IL-21R) activates the JAK/STAT signaling pathway and is expressed on T, B, and natural killer (NK) cells.
- Plays an important role in the development of humoral immunity through its effects on B cell biology including differentiation, affinity maturation, and memory responses
- Regulates T cell responses including survival of CD8+ T cells and inhibition of Treg cells. IL-21 plays a pivotal role in Hodgkin’s lymphoma and suppresses contact hypersensitivity reactions
- Promotes a less differentiated phenotype of CAR T cells while promoting the effector functions of the engineered cells
The biological activity of CTGrade interleukins and growth factors is standardized, where applicable, to WHO International standards, providing cell and gene therapy developers consistent, lot-to-lot biological activity and performance.
The CTGrade products are manufactured in a facility that does not use or process beta- lactam containing materials. No animal- or human-derived materials were used during manufacturing or as ingredients. These products are manufactured, tested, and released in an ISO 9001:2015 certified facility following cGMP practices. USP chapter <1043> for ancillary materials has been considered in the manufacture of these products.