We are hiring an R&D Research Scientist. The R&D Research Scientist will conduct research under the direction of a supervisor leading to the development of new or improved products in Assisted Reproductive Technologies.
- Plan, design, and conduct experiments related to the development of new products/technologies, or improvement of existing products
- Contribute to the generation of new project/product ideas
- Work closely with the Technical Support team to investigate technical issues with commercialized products, develop plans of action, execute on plans, and achieve a resolution; This may be in the form of corrective action preventive actions (CAPA)
- Perform technical evaluations on products
- Provide scientific support, as needed, for the preparation of regulatory submissions for FDA/EU/CMDR or other regulatory agencies
- Effectively and consistently communicate with management, cross-functional partners and relevant stakeholders on progress towards milestones and forthcoming program needs
- Be involved with experimental strategy development and work on complex and challenging problems in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors
- Perform data analysis, prepare formal reports and presentations
- Actively participate in group/project meetings
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications
- Document data and relevant research information
- BS in Life Sciences, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent; MS preferred
- Minimum 8 years of relevant working experience
- OR PhD with minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience
- Ability to demonstrate potential for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought
- Advanced knowledge of biochemistry, or life sciences.
- Advanced knowledge of project management
- Proficient in interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Some knowledge of cell culture medium components and cell culture media development a plus
- Some knowledge of Medical Device development preferred
- Familiarity with Regulatory Affairs, Quality Control and Production preferred
- Proficient computer and statistical skills
- General knowledge of GMP and GLP procedures.
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.