We are hiring Quality Control Microbiologists for our first and second shifts. The Quality Control Microbiologist will perform applicable testing on raw, in-process, and final products to insure material quality as well as to perform tests for monitoring environmental conditions and water quality. In addition, this person will perform designated testing, monitoring, calibration, and maintenance of lab equipment in conjunction with approved procedures and test methodologies.
- Test raw, in-process and finished product
- Test environmental conditions to monitor regulated areas
- Test the water systems to ensure water quality is maintained
- Calibrate and maintain instrumentation and methods as necessary
- Test material to investigate customer difficulties
- Maintain and record data clearly and precisely
- Modify standard operating procedures as necessary
- Perform identification and related testing in conjunction with microbial contamination
- BS/BA degree in Microbiology; advanced study in Microbiology is highly desirable
- One year in medical device, pharmaceutical, or biotech lab environments
- Good lab safety
- Basic understanding of 21CFR211 – cGMP, 21CFR820 - QSR, ISO 13485, Canadian MDR, MDD-93/42 with emphasis on laboratory testing, material specifications, and related areas
- Good oral and written communication skills
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.