We are hiring for a Liquid Production Lead for our 1st shift. As a Liquid Production lead, you will manage floor activities in support of the Production Supervisor. Under the Production Supervisor’s direction, the lead coordinates efforts in support of Liquid Media production, assigns tasks to subordinates, and trains subordinates on job specific, GMP and Safety procedures and review and closing of production lot folders.
- Review completed production lot folders for compliance with current regulations and company policies and procedures
- Supervise, oversee, and assist personnel in daily production activities
- Review and suggest changes to production schedule to maximize personnel and process efficiencies
- Maintain adequate component and process supplies
- Assist/train personnel in equipment setup/ operation, maintenance and cleaning
- Review and Maintain daily production and housekeeping logs
- Ensure all company policies and GMP regulations are adhered to by all individuals in the production areas
- Ensure all lot folder items such as line clearance procedures, unit / label accountability and Good Documentation Practices are being followed and appropriately documented
- Monitor lot folder data entry practices by production operators and provide training when necessary to eliminate data entry errors
- Monitor production equipment performance, reports breakdown and downtime and ensure proper equipment performance after repair(s)
- Suggest and makes changes to SOPs, and processes for compliance and process improvement
- Initiate NCMRs and conduct investigation for NCRs, customer complaints and CAPAs
- Coordinate activities between Supply Chain and Quality groups in relation to daily production schedule
- Complete ERP transactions related to batch records (material issuance, labor reporting)
- Assumes leadership responsibilities during the area supervisor’s absence
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- HS Diploma or equivalent required; Degree in chemistry or biochemistry preferred
- Good work history as a manufacturing lead or lead trainee in pharmaceutical / bio-tech industries
- 1-2 years of liquid formulation experience
- Previous supervisory experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of metric system
- Good understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Experience in operating computers and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience using ERP systems a plus
- Ability to read and write English
- Spanish language fluency would be helpful in communicating with Production personnel but not required
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Physical demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, use hands to handle, feel or reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and depth perception.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.