Life Whisperer

AI-Assisted Embryo Selection

Life Whisperer Viability

As a non-invasive web application, Life Whisperer Viability uses AI-based analysis to assess Day 5 embryo morphology features that correlate with the likelihood of clinical pregnancy, including those invisible to the human eye.

Objective

Increased consistency, accuracy & confidence


Receive a score of 0-10 correlating with the likelihood of clinical pregnancy and improve selection of viable embryos up to 25%1 vs. manual assessment

Easy-to-Use

Drag-and-drop functionality helps you make key decisions almost instantly


Integrate the AI-based algorithm into your embryo selection workflow immediately

Cost Effective

No expensive equipment, maintenance, or subscription fees


No capital outlay is required, so you can implement AI-based technology with minimal to no disruption to the IVF workflow

Life Whisperer Viability vs. Standard Embryo Grading

Grading embryos is a necessary step in evaluating embryo viability in order to achieve successful implantation. Traditional methods rely on subjective manual assessment that can result in inconsistent grading.

Life Whisperer Viability offered by FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific may help improve selection of viable embryos up to 25% above manual efforts1 by delivering objective assessment of embryo viability.

  Life Whisperer Viability Accuracy Embryologist Accuracy
(Gardner Grading Method)
Blind Test (n=801) 474 correct 380 correct
Accuracy* 59.2% 47.4%
Accuracy improvement** 24.7%

 

*The theoretical maximum accuracy for prediction of this endpoint based on evaluation of embryo quality is estimated to be ∼80%, with the remaining 20% affected by patient-related clinical factors, such as endometriosis, or laboratory process errors in embryo handling, etc., that could lead to a negative pregnancy outcome despite a morphologically favorable embryo appearance.2

**Accuracy improvement = (Life Whisperer Viability accuracy – embryologist accuracy) / embryologist overall accuracy * 100%)

Life Whisperer Viability Score

Life Whisperer Viability produces a confidence score from 0 to 10.

The score indicates how confident the AI-based algorithm is that pregnancy could occur.

The confidence score reflects the confidence of the AI-based algorithm that the embryo may or may not result in clinical pregnancy. It does not provide any information on the probability of a live birth. The accuracy of the Life Whisperer Viability prediction does not take into account any patient-specific factors that may influence pregnancy outcome.

Customer Testimonial

"The technology has complemented our current workflow and embryo selection techniques, not only with the aim of improving patient outcomes but also by allowing patients to be more informed about their embryo development." – Dr. Ashleigh Storr, Flinders Fertility

How Life Whisperer Viability works

Life Whisperer Viability harnesses an artificial intelligence algorithm to deliver a stress-free method of grading embryos. Images are dragged and dropped into the app with ease, analyzed, and ranked in order of most likely to least likely to result in clinical pregnancy in under one minute. Each embryo is assigned a confidence score of 0-10, with 10 indicating the highest quality embryo with the greatest likelihood of clinical pregnancy.


Life Whisperer Viability is a software application for assessment of embryo images, intended to be used for clinical decision support to aid in the selection of embryos during in vitro fertilization (IVF) procedures. Not intended to be used as direct diagnostics. Any treatment decisions should be made in combination with other methods of embryo evaluation, and the user's own expert opinion, according to institutional procedures.


References:

  1. VerMilyea M, Hall JMM, Diakiw SM, et al. Development of an artificial intelligence-based assessment model for prediction of embryo viability using static images captured by optical light microscopy during IVF. Hum Reprod. 2020;35(4):770-784.
  2. Annan JJ, Gudi A, Bhide P, Shah A, Homburg R. Biochemical pregnancy during assisted conception: a little bit pregnant. J Clin Med Res 2013;5:269–274.

Thank You!

Your submission has been received and someone from FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific will contact you shortly.

© 2021 FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific. All rights reserved.