We are hiring for a Systems Engineer. The Systems Engineer’s role is to plan, direct, and coordinate the design, installation, and connectivity of computer and network systems to ensure the secure and stable operation of the organization’s IT assets. This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing network hardware, software, and communication links. The Systems Engineer maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs network hardware, servers, storage, computer systems, related components and peripherals. This person also documents, maintains, upgrades and replaces hardware and software systems. The Systems Engineer will provide network, system, and application support to end-users and to junior IT staff members.
- Evaluate, design, plan, purchase, install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot:
- Networked workstations, networked printers, network cabling, routers, switches, and leased equipment
- Desktop, server, network and security applications
- Email and Internet clients
- Network servers (e.g. database, file, print, tape backup, DHCP, DNS, Intranet web, Email, firewall, Internet proxy and Remote Access Servers)
- Monitor network traffic and proactively prevent and eliminate overloads; monitor systems workloads and upgrade as appropriate
- Design and implement system & networking upgrades to optimize enterprise technology resources
- Monitor and manage network and systems for potential and immediate security risks
- Provide for necessary user training for security, desktop applications and operating systems
- Maintain documentation on equipment, client, server and networking equipment configurations and all policies/procedures
- Develop and ensure adherence to company network and systems security policies and procedures
- Create and maintain desktop instructions for all routinely performed tasks
- Install and maintain current revisions of operating systems, applications and related software on network through patches and security updates
- Support design and maintenance of Internet and Intranet connectivity
- Support implementation, design, and maintenance of VMware virtual environment
- Maintain a broad knowledge of current and emerging computer, network, and security systems, technologies and architectures, and technology security risks and measures
- Perform cost/benefit analyses; create project justifications, plans, and presentations for new system and technology offerings
- Contribute to IT budgetary planning process
- Perform Systems Analysis and IT Project Management duties as assigned
- BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years in networking, network and corporate security, computer hardware and software. MCSE or equivalent technology certificates
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.