IS Sf Insect delivers reliable growth of Sf9 and Sf21 insect cells in suspension cultures, and supports Baculovirus Expression Vector Systems (BEVS) for robust protein expression, including recombinant proteins and viral-like particles, as well as viral vector production.
Key benefits include:
- Animal component-free, serum-free medium supports high cell density, viability, and yield of recombinant proteins in Sf9 and Sf21 suspension cultures
- Low hydrolysate formulation provides lot-to-lot consistency
- Recombinant protein expression in a wide variety of expression systems, including the BEVS
- Single, ready-to-use medium for long-term cultures
- cGMP manufactured to facilitate a seamless transition from research to commercial production
- Formulated for scalability, reliability, and quality
- 1 L bottle; custom packaging upon request
IS Sf Insect Achieves Robust Growth in Comparison to Other Commercially-available Serum-free Insect Cell Media
IS Sf Insect supports high viable cell density of Sf9 and SF21 cultures
Sf9 and Sf21 cells were cultured in IS Sf Insect, or commercially-available media from Supplier 1 (ACF and AD) and Supplier 2 (ACF) for eight days. Viable cell density (VCD) was measured for Sf9 (A) and Sf21 (B) cells. Standard deviation of four replicate cultures represented.