We are seeking a Cost Accountant. The basic function of this position is to support and assist the Cost Accounting Supervisor and the entire Accounting Department in compiling, analyzing, improving and developing conclusions and actionable plans on all matters relating to our standard cost system, including investigating/reaching root cause and determining sustainable counter measures through a team-approach problem solving process.
- Follow, design and/or implement cost accounting procedures.
- Ensure the continuous cycle count process is performed, completed and recorded in SAP.
- Assist in the annual physical inventory
- Assist in CRM costing for all sites.
- Assist in the annual cost roll-up for all sites. Produce certain cost-related schedules, review external inputs and analyze results
- Assist the preparation of JE’s for month-end, QTR and YE close. This position does not post a JE.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly allocations (facilities & QC, & EMS miscellaneous costs).
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reclassification of R&D inventory usage & no-charge samples to customers.
- Review all raw material, freight-in & freight-out AP transactions.
- Extracting data from information systems (SAP) as required.
- Assist with costing recipes.
- Providing costing data as needed by corporate auditing firm and parent company.
- Continuous improvement in SAP knowledge, with the goal of becoming a super-user.
- Ad hoc requests from the controller and/or cost team.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related degree
- 3+ years of standard cost experience in a manufacturing environment.
- An in-depth knowledge of accounting principles and practices and a capacity for independent thought and judgment.
- A thorough and deep knowledge of cost accounting and standard costing of inventory.
- SAP experience preferred
- Highly proficient computer skills and strong Excel skills.
- Must be highly organized
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Superb oral and written communication skills.
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.