The ability to produce high product titers and excellent protein quality is critical for the generation of effective therapeutic biomolecules. Glycosylation modifications, including galactosylation, help to achieve this critical quality aspect by enhancing protein characteristics and antibody efficacy. BalanCD Gal Supplement delivers increased galactosylation, through the addition of N-linked glycan moieties, while supporting an efficient, streamlined workflow.
- Compatible with any basal growth medium for a wide range of cell lines
- Simplified, scalable protocol
- Enhanced formula requires a lower concentration to achieve desired outcome—contributing to improved efficiency and streamlined workflow
- Simple, single feeding schedule
- Chemically-defined, animal component-free, and cGMP manufactured to support commercial applications
- Designed to incorporate seamlessly into the BalanCD CHO Media Platform for efficient growth and production
Contact a media specialist today to learn more about achieving enhanced galactosylation with BalanCD Gal Supplement.
Increase Galactosylation with a Simplified Feeding Protocol
Percent galactosylation from CHO fed-batch cultures expressing a model antibody.
BalanCD Gal Supplement was added on day 7 of cultures at 0.4-1.8% (v/v). Supplement from Supplier A was added according to the manufacturer’s protocol, on days 2-10 every other day for a total of 0.5-2.0% (v/v). The fed-batch control (Control) without any supplementation resulted in about 15% antibody galactosylation. BalanCD Gal Supplement resulted in up to 50% galactosylation with as little as 1.1% supplementation. The supplement from Supplier A resulted in about 45% galactosylation even at the highest recommended concentration of 2.0%. Data shown represents the average of two replicate cultures.