BalanCD CHO Perfusion - Liquid
BalanCD CHO Perfusion is a chemically defined medium that is optimized for the growth and production of suspension CHO cell cultures in continuous, steady-state, and N-1 perfusion cultures. As a high performing medium, it can achieve key perfusion metrics including cell-specific productivity, volumetric productivity, and cell-specific perfusion rate (CSPR).
BalanCD CHO Perfusion medium meets the requirements of large-scale industrial cell cultures and is intended for long-term, continuous culturing of CHO cells.
- Optimize perfusion processes to achieve cost-effective production of biotherapeutics
- Complete, ready-to-use medium that supports cell growth, cell expansion, and production of monoclonal antibodies and recombinant proteins
- Scalable from small shake flasks to large-scale perfusion bioreactors
- Supports a variety of CHO subtypes
- Delivers consistent, optimal cell productivities at 1 vessel volume per day (VVD)
BalanCD CHO Perfusion is intended for further manufacturing use only.
Standard Packaging Size: 1 L bottle
Custom Packaging Sizes: Available upon request.
For more information on Drug Master Files click here.
Cell Productivity in Steady-State Perfusion
Figure 1. Perfusion metrics including volumetric productivity (VP), cell-specific productivity (qP), and cell-specific perfusion rate (CSPR) were calculated at steady states SS1 (45 million cells/mL) and SS2 (70 million cells/mL) for BalanCD CHO Perfusion. Perfusion metrics at SS2 demonstrate that VP, qP and CSPR can be improved by pushing the culture to higher cell densities. VP and qP values increased 4-fold and 2.5-fold, respectively, while the CSPR value decreased by 24%, demonstrating high productivity and performance from BalanCD CHO Perfusion at higher cell densities.