We are hiring for an Accounting Assistant. The Accounting Assistant will assist in the performance of general accounting functions in daily activities as assigned. This role requires a basic knowledge of accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions in the MRP system. The Accounting Assistant will conduct activities including but not limited to matching, compiling and recording/posting vendor invoices and/or applying customer payments to customer invoices. This person must have knowledge of alphabetical and numerical orders for filing, and be able to operate computer keyboard and calculator ten keys.
- Assist in matching purchase order/receiving documents to vendor invoices
- Assist in assigning general ledger coding to vendor invoices
- Assist in weekly check run and perform other step processes to mail payments to vendors
- Assist in reviewing AP Freight invoices to be processed for proper G/L classifications between Freight In (included in raw material unit cost), Freight Out, Intercompany Transfer Freight costs, and Freight Costs associated with Trade Show Exhibits and Fixed Assets
- Open and assist in handling vendor invoices
- Perform filing tasks
- Perform other accounting related tasks as assigned
- AA Degree in Accounting or equivalent required; BS Degree preferred
- 2-3 years performing similar functions; experience using an ERP system a plus
- Clear and concise communication skills, fluent in English
- Accounting knowledge and understanding of Chart of Accounts is required
- Must be familiar with alphabetical and numerical orders
- Experience with Excel and Word a plus
- Must be organized
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be flexible with schedule as there will be occasional overtime
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.