We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Associate Scientist to join our R&D -Protein Purification Lab. As an integral part of the purification team, you will play a key role in the purification of proteins using chromatography techniques following a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the highest quality standards in protein purification processes and will be well-versed in documentation practices.
- Perform protein purification processes using chromatography techniques such as ion exchange chromatography, affinity, HIC, and HPLC
- Ensure strict adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guidelines throughout the protein purification process, maintaining records and documentation as per regulatory requirements.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment including chromatography systems, centrifuges, and other purification-related instruments like Ultrafiltration and Diafiltration system
- Maintain comprehensive records of all experiments, procedures, and results in accordance with GMP standards, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and traceability.
- Perform tests to assess the purity of purified proteins like SDS-PAGE, Western Blot and UV-Vis Spectroscopy analysis.
- Assist in the development and optimization of protein purification methods to improve efficiency and yield.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including researchers, quality control, and regulatory affairs, to meet project goals and timelines.
- Adhere to laboratory safety protocols and maintain a safe working environment for yourself and colleagues.
- Identify and troubleshoot technical issues in protein purification processes and propose solutions.
- Basic biology knowledge (B.S. in Biological Science or Chemistry/Biochemistry)
- Nominal laboratory experience (e.g. basic lab course)
- Ability to use search engines/ scientific literature databases to find relevant information (e.g. perform literature searches). Basic and simple searches
- Able to use excel, word, PowerPoint
- Interpersonal skills, able to work cooperatively with others
- Basic Organizational skills
- Basic multitasking skills
- Basic Time management skills
- Excellent record-keeping and documentation skills.
- Proficiency in operating laboratory equipment related to protein purification.
- Knowledge of commonly used experimental/research concepts, practices, and procedures
- Rudimentary ability to interpret data & perform data analysis. Emphasis on data management and organization.
- Good communication skills, able to communicate effectively with colleagues and outside vendors/collaborators (i.e. ability to present ideas in clear and concise manner using a variety of mediums, e.g. spoken and written)
- Basic critical thinking skills
- Able to take comprehensive notes
- Familiarity with data analysis software.
- Continuous improvement mindset and ability to contribute to process optimization
Fujifilm is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation, and any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
In the event that COVID-19 vaccine mandates issued by the federal government, or by state or local government become effective and enforceable, the Company will require that the successful candidate hired for positions covered under relevant government vaccine mandate(s) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to medical or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For all positions, the Company encourages vaccination against COVID-19 and may require that the successful candidate hired be willing to test for the COVID-19 virus periodically and wear a face covering indoors absent being granted an accommodation due to medical or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Fujifilm about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms’/employment agencies to any employee at Fujifilm via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Fujifilm, unless such search firms’/employment agencies were engaged by Fujifilm for this requisition and a valid agreement with Fujifilm is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Fujifilm agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.