The Director of Strategic Management will support the Life Science business by (1) facilitating the identification of growth drivers and challenges across the BU's diverse portfolio of product lines as well as external opportunities, (2) supporting department leadership in achieving corporate objectives.
- Leads the formation of business strategy across all departments to achieve corporate objectives
- Facilitates strategy execution by working collaboratively with Senior Leadership to ensure that strategic priorities are communicated and well understood throughout the organization
- Leads complex strategic projects that involve multi-disciplinary teams across departments and the Fujifilm organization
- Establishes governance for strategy execution, including key performance indicators to measure progress towards strategic goals.
- Leads business planning and supports capacity building to bolster functional planning across departments, countries and regions
- Provides thought leadership on the future state of the industry to include growth drivers, macro trends, customer dynamics, competitive environment, technology trends, etc.; translates the potential impact to overall strategy and business performance
- Identifies strategic opportunities or business models, develops business cases, and enlists sponsorship for implementation
- Drives and supervises external collaboration projects with Bioproduction, Cell & Gene Therapy and Single-Use technology strategic partners
- Leverage external collaborations to develop workflows and gap analyses and to identify innovation opportunities
- Monitors project, program or partnership deliverables and assesses impact to strategic initiatives. Leads communications, change management, and issue management efforts as assigned.
- Displays excellent communication skills, especially in negotiating contracts with external partners and maintaining a long-lasting business relationship.
- Monitor sales and marketing activities to ensure the correct execution against sales plan and marketing AOP to achieve stated business goals.
- Lead processes on annual and quarterly planning, OKR reporting, QBR co-ordination
- Responsible for building, leading, coaching, and developing a team of strategy professionals
- MSc degree in a life science, supplemented with study in business/marketing; MBA or an Advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of commercial, marketing and/or sales experience and background appropriate to the specific needs of the product line and business.
- 5+ years of managerial experience.
- Cell biology, industrial cell culture systems for bioprocessing, cell and gene therapy
For California, the base salary range for this position is $179,000 to $323,000 annually. Compensation for the successful candidate will depend on various factors (e.g., qualifications, education, prior experience, location, etc.).
Fujifilm is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation, and any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
In the event that COVID-19 vaccine mandates issued by the federal government, or by state or local government become effective and enforceable, the Company will require that the successful candidate hired for positions covered under relevant government vaccine mandate(s) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to medical or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For all positions, the Company encourages vaccination against COVID-19 and may require that the successful candidate hired be willing to test for the COVID-19 virus periodically and wear a face covering indoors absent being granted an accommodation due to medical or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Fujifilm about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms’/employment agencies to any employee at Fujifilm via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Fujifilm, unless such search firms’/employment agencies were engaged by Fujifilm for this requisition and a valid agreement with Fujifilm is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Fujifilm agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.