We are hiring a Research Scientist - Protein Folding and Purification. The Research Scientist will develop, optimize, and execute protein purification protocols for recombinant proteins expressed in bacteria and mammalian cells in a cGMP environment.
- Author and execute methods on AKTA FPLC for automated routine purifications
- Complete routine sample analysis using HPLC system, SDS-PAGE and Western Blot for the production of highly purified, biologically active proteins
- Purification on a developmental scale and pilot scale as required
- Research and identify means for process improvement and efficiencies
- Adhere to product specifications for purity, endotoxin, and mass
- Maintain manufacturing records
- Draft and write SOPs, batch record templates and associated documentation
- Present data to the department and project teams
- Write standard operating procedures, study reports, relevant sections of regulatory filings, and scientific presentations
- Masters in a Biological/Chemical Science plus 4 years of relevant work experience
- Purification Methods Development and scale up from milligram to gram quantities
- Experience with chromatography to include ion exchange, hydrophobic interaction, hydroxyapatite, affinity and HPLC.
- Broad technical experience with various antibody and protein separation techniques on small and large scale: affinity, ion exchange, hydrophobic, and size exclusion chromatography
- Hands-on experience with AKTA FPLC systems such as AKTA Prime, AKTA Explorer, AKTA Pure or similar
- Broad experience with analytical protein characterization methods, including HPLC (SEC, IEX), SDS-PAGE, IEF, Western
- Working in a cGMP environment
- Analyze and interpret data
- Ability to speak, write and read English fluently
- Good oral and written communication skills
Fujifilm is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation, and any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
In the event that COVID-19 vaccine mandates issued by the federal government, or by state or local government become effective and enforceable, the Company will require that the successful candidate hired for positions covered under relevant government vaccine mandate(s) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to medical or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For all positions, the Company encourages vaccination against COVID-19 and may require that the successful candidate hired be willing to test for the COVID-19 virus periodically and wear a face covering indoors absent being granted an accommodation due to medical or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Fujifilm about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms’/employment agencies to any employee at Fujifilm via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Fujifilm, unless such search firms’/employment agencies were engaged by Fujifilm for this requisition and a valid agreement with Fujifilm is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Fujifilm agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.