Sperm Maintenance Medium
Catalog ID: 99176
Sperm cryopreservation medium to minimize dilution of low quality semen for sperm freezing and preservation
Sperm Maintenance Medium uses only 1 mL of medium per 3 mL of semen or sperm. This more efficient medium means lower costs per cycle of sperm cryopreservation, minimal dilution of low quality semen, and potentially fewer straws/vials per patient. Sperm Maintenance Medium has similar performance to Freezing Medium TYB, a TEST-yolk buffer based sperm cryopreservation medium, without containing egg yolk (Es-slami, 2009). The medium’s unique formulation contains ingredients, such as hypotaurine and ascorbic acid, that have been shown to protect against reactive oxygen species.
• CE Marked
- 28% v/v glycerol for a 3:1 ratio of semen to medium
- Antioxidants, such as hypotaurine and ascorbic acid
- Human Serum Albumin
- Pluronic F-68
Quality Control Testing:
• Endotoxin by Limulus Amebocyte Lysate (LAL)
• Sperm Cryosurvival assay
• Sterility by the current USP , CFR or Ph. Eur. Sterility Test
- Product Sheets | 30 |Sperm Cryopreservation Media |
- Product Sheets | 30 |MEGA™ Assay |
- Brochures | 80 |Sperm Preparation, Handling & Storage |
- Protocols | 40 |Sperm Thawing Protocols |
- Protocols | 40 |Semen and Sperm Freezing Protocol |
- Product Inserts | 1 |Sperm Maintenance Medium with Glycerol - Insert |
- SDS | 20 |Sperm Maintenance Medium - SDS |
Store below -10°C
Product should be used within (8) weeks from opening when stored under the recommended conditions of 2° to 8°C.
Es-Slami S et al. Comparison of TEST-yolk buffer free sperm cryopreservation media to a TEST-yolk buffer based sperm freezing medium. ISIVF 2009 poster.