Recombinant Human Activin A ACF
Activins are multifunctional cytokines part of TGF beta super-family. They are dimeric proteins of beta subunits connected by disulfide bonds. Activin A is a homodimeric protein of two βA chains and is not biologically active until the N-terminal pro-peptide is cleaved from each chain. Activins are involved in a wide range of biological activities and produced by many cell types throughout development. Activins interact with Type I and Type II receptors with intracellular serine/threonine kinase domains to signal to SMAD proteins to regulate cellular processes such as cell proliferation, differentiation, wound healing, apoptosis and metabolism. Human Activin A shares 100% amino acid sequence identity with murine, porcine, bovine and feline Activin. Recombinant human Activin A is a non-glycosylatedhomodimer, containing two 117 amino acid chains, with a total molecular weight of 26.2 kDa.
• Accession Number: P08476
• Synonyms: Inhibin beta-1, FRP, FSH-releasing protein
• Purity: ≥ 95% purity. Determined by HPLC, reducing and non-reducing SDS-PAGE, and UV spectroscopy
• Bioactivity: ED50 typically 0.5-5 ng/mL. ED50 determined by dose-dependent proliferation inhibition of mouse plasmocytoma cell line MPC-11.
• Animal component-free and carrier-free
• Custom packaging available
For research or further manufacturing use only.
Also available in other sizes.
Store at ≤ -10°C