PRIME-XV MSC Expansion SFM
Human mesenchymal stem cell / mesenchymal stromal cell (MSC) expansion serum-free medium.
- Outperforms leading competitors and serum-containing media in expansion while maintaining MSC characteristics and multipotency.
- Supports MSCs derived from bone marrow, adipose tissue and umbilical cord
- Available as a complete, ready-to-use medium
- Requires little to no adaptation from serum-containing medium
- Manufactured under cGMP conditions
For research or further manufacturing use only.
Contact us for international pricing.
NOTE: Catalog ID 91135 was formerly listed as 31000.
- Product Inserts
- Heathman, Thomas R.J. et al. (2019) Development of a process control strategy for the serum-free microcarrier expansion of human mesenchymal stem cells towards cost-effective and commercially viable manufacturing. Biochemical Engineering Journal.
- Heathman, Thomas, R.J. et al. (2018) Agitation and aeration of stirred-bioreactors for the microcarrier culture of human mesenchymal stem cells and potential implications for large-scale bioprocess development. Biochemical Engineering Journal.
- OPEN ACCESS: Barilani, Mario et al. (2018) Low-affinity nerve growth factor receptor (CD271) heterogeneous expression in adult and fetal mesenchymal stromal cells. Scientific reports.
- OPEN ACCESS: Elseberg, Christiane et al. (2017) The challenge of human mesenchymal stromal cell expansion: current and prospective answers. New Insights Into Cell Culture Technology. IntechOpen.
- OPEN ACCESS: Hassan, Muhammad Najib Fathi Bin et al. (2020) Large-Scale Expansion of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells. Stem Cells International.
- OPEN ACCESS: Heathman, Thomas R.J. (2015): Developing a process control strategy for the consistent and scalable manufacture of human mesenchymal stem cells. Loughborough University. Thesis.
- OPEN ACCESS: Heathman, Thomas R.J. et al. (2015) Expansion, harvest and cryopreservation of human mesenchymal stem cells in a serum-free microcarrier process. Biotechnology and Bioengineering.
- OPEN ACCESS: Heathman, Thomas R.J. et al. (2015) Serum-free process development: improving the yield and consistency of human mesenchymal stromal cell production. Cytotherapy.
- OPEN ACCESS: Heathman, Thomas R.J. et al. (2016) Scalability and process transfer of mesenchymal stromal cell production from monolayer to microcarrier culture using human platelet lysate. Cytotherapy.
- OPEN ACCESS: Jossen, Valentin et al. (2018) Manufacturing human mesenchymal stem cells at clinical scale: process and regulatory challenges. Applied microbiology and biotechnology.
- OPEN ACCESS: Nienow et al. (2015) Agitation conditions for the culture and detachment of hMSCs from microcarriers in multiple bioreactor platforms. Biochemical Engineering Journal.
- Rafiq, Q. et al. (2018) Qualitative and quantitative demonstration of bead-to-bead transfer with bone marrow-derived human mesenchymal stem cells on microcarriers: Utilising the phenomenon to improve culture performance. Biochemical Engineering Journal.
- Scientific Posters
- Video Link
This product is shipped with dry ice. Upon receipt, store the medium at or below -10°C in a manual defrost freezer.
Handle using aseptic techniques to avoid contamination.Unopened liquid medium is stable for 24 months from date of manufacture, as indicated on the label.