Refrigeration Medium - TYB with Gentamicin
Catalog ID: 90129
Short term storage of human sperm using an easy single step refrigeration process that preserves semen for up to 4 days without freezing or glycerol
Refrigeration Medium TYB with Gentamicin is ideal for short term sperm storage to preserve sperm for up to 4 days. With an easy one-step process of simply thawing the media and adding media at a 1:1 ratio with the sperm sample, it is quicker and easier than sperm cryopreservation. Refrigeration Medium TYB with Gentamicin contains TEST-yolk buffer as the protecting agent, and the glycerol-free formulation avoids the potentially damaging effects from penetrating cryoprotectants. This product has been CE marked and FDA-cleared for short term sperm storage.
- 20% egg yolk - from USDA certified Specific Pathogen Free (Virus Free) laying flocks, heat inactivated at 56° C for 30 minutes
- 10µg/mL Gentamicin Sulfate
- Does not contain glycerol
• CE Mark
Quality Control Testing:
• Endotoxin by Limulus Amebocyte Lysate (LAL)
• Sperm Motility Recovery Assay
• Sterility by the current USP, CFR or Ph. Eur. Sterility Test
Store below -10°C
2 years from date of manufacture when frozen. 14 days when refrigerated.
Jensen et al. The effect of a two-hour, room temperature incubation of human spermatozoa in TEST-yolk buffer on the rate of fertilization in Vitro. J of Assisted Repro 2004; 23(5): 169-173
Baek K et al. Can men produce and store semen at home? Fertil Steril 2006; 86:S507