What does Irvine Scientific have to offer in their serum-free, animal-component-free, or chemically-defined lines of media?
Irvine Scientific offers many serum-free media, including products for three (3) main types of cells currently used by Biotech or Pharmaceutical companies: 293 cells, Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) cells, and Hybridoma cells. Within each cell line, we offer a variety of media:
HEK 293 cells: We offer one medium formulated for optimal cell growth and viral production.
- IS 293-V™ (Catalog ID: 91107) is an animal-component-free media
CHO cells: We offer six (6) different formulations with three (3) feed media formulations. All of these products are animal-component-free and are free of L-glutamine, Hypoxanthine, and Thymidine to allow for use in a variety of applications.
IS CHO-V™ (Catalog ID: 94101) is a mammalian-component-free media and specifically formulated for use with the dhfr-selection system
IS CHO-CD XP™ (Catalog ID: 91120) is chemically defined and animal component free
- BalanCD® CHO Growth Medium are chemically defined and animal component free. Available in powder and liquid form.
BalanCD® CHO Feeds are chemically defined and animal component free designed to increase process yields of antibodies and recombinant proteins in CHO cells. Available as both powders and liquids.
- BalanCD® CHO Feed 1 Medium - Liquid (Catalog ID: 91127)
- BalanCD® CHO Feed 1 Medium - Powder (Catalog ID: 94119)
- BalanCD® CHO Feed 2 Medium - Liquid (Catalog ID: 91129)
- BalanCD® CHO Feed 2 Medium - Powder (Catalog ID: 94121)
- BalanCD® CHO Feed 3 Medium - Liquid (Catalog ID: 99471)
- BalanCD® CHO Feed 3 Medium - Powder (Catalog ID: 94118)
Hybridoma cells: We offer four (4) different formulations.
IS GRO™ (Catalog ID: 91105) / IS PRO™ (Catalog ID: 91103) is our dual media system which comprised of low protein, serum-free media and optimal for hybridoma growth and production. IS GRO™ has been optimized for maximal hybridoma cell growth and is recommended for use during the growth phase; IS PRO™ has a very low protein concentration for use during the production phase to simplify protein purification.
HB Basal Liquid (Catalog ID: T000) is a serum-free and chemically defined medium which is designed to support the growth of murine and human hybridomas, myelomas, lymphoblastoid, and endothelial cells, as well as murine T-cell hybrids.
- IS MAB-CD™(Catalog ID: 91104) is a chemically-defined, low protein medium for the growth of hybridoma and myeloma cell lines for recombinant monoclonal antibody production. This chemically-defined medium is regulatory friendly and allows for improved lot-to-lot consistency compared to other formulations that are not chemically defined.