Express Media Service
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific understands the critical role that prototypes play in media development. Through our Express Media Service (EMS), FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific’s lab is virtually an extension of yours.
The EMS program offers:
- Flexible small-scale media production
- Accessibility to FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific’s EMS R&D team for formula review and consultation
The EMS program is ideally suited for:
- Scale-down modeling
- Small-scale process development prior to scale-up
- Troubleshooting and media screening of custom products
- Critical raw material evaluation
- Formula development and optimization
- Customer developed formulas
- FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific formulas (e.g. PRIME-XV MSC Expansion SFM without phenol red)
- Classical formulas with or without modifications (e.g. RPMI medium 1640 with low NaCl)
Powder and Liquid Formulas
- Liquid lots from 1 L to 200 L
- Media can be packaged in bottles ranging from 250 mL to 1 L or standard bags from 5 L up to 50 L
- Powder lots from 1 kg to 18 kg
- Media are packaged in containers by weight
- EMS milling technology is the same as in the large-scale GMP manufacturing facilities. This consistency reduces the variability in scaling up.
Raw Material Control
- Raw materials used in the EMS lab are the same high-grade raw materials used in large-scale GMP production that have been approved by Quality Assurance, whenever possible
- Control and care of the raw materials is the same as within FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific’s ISO 13485:2016 regulated facilities.
Quality control testing and Spent Media Analysis is available on EMS products, and can be priced and performed upon request. Optional testing includes: