Trade Compliance Manager
Corporate | Santa Ana | CA
We are seeking an individual to be responsible for managing and ensuring the integrity of global business operations through domestic and international trade compliance.
- Execute as a key resource in providing functional knowledge, support, and solutions for the integrity of global operations and resolution of trade compliance and related import/export and transportation issues across the enterprise.
- Create and implement internal policies and procedures that ensure company-wide compliance with U.S. and international customs regulations, shipping requirements, and trade laws, and which define responsibility and accountability for completion of activities and support of operational processes.
- Manage and/or support investigations, audits and assessments to ensure adherence to policies, procedures, and compliance of all activities and transactions with applicable import and export laws, regulations, and recordkeeping requirements. Perform root cause analysis on deficiencies, and manage the development and implementation of resulting corrective action plans.
- Stay current on import and export regulations and other applicable governmental initiatives and activities that impact global business operations.
- Implement necessary changes to company trade compliance practices in conformity to import/export regulatory information and requirements.
- Serve as subject matter expert for the implementation and adherence to import/export regulations, and provide support to the business with respect to a variety of trade compliance issues.
- Drive continuous improvement, best practices, and standardization through the understanding of global trade regulations, international supply chain, and customs documentation.
- Train all applicable departments and global sites on internal procedures and latest trade compliance standards.
- Lead objective setting, measurement, reporting, organizational development and process improvement in all areas of responsibility.
- Serve as a liaison to executive and senior management regarding customs questions, direction, and strategies. Coordinate with management on issues, opportunities, recommended solutions and cost savings.
- Coordinate and administer denied party screening activities and clearance of exports.
- Assist in the classification of products according to import and export control requirements.
- Effectively manage and audit third party freight forwarders, customs brokers, customs representatives and suppliers.
- Evaluate duty drawback opportunities, determine corporate eligibility, and support drawback claims.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, preferably in Foreign Trade or a related field.
- 5 to 8+ years direct experience in a customs compliance role with international responsibilities.
- Experience supporting operations in a multi-site, manufacturing environment in the U.S. and other international locations.
- Experience in life science, biopharma, or related industry is preferred.
- Experience building, managing, and/or supporting global logistics, supply chain, and customer service functions.
Current practical knowledge of regulations, policies, international trade laws, and import/export control regulations, including but not limited to:
- OFAC and SDN Lists
- US Customs and Border Control Regulations
- Economic Embargo Regulations
- Denied Party Screenings
- Successful experience in building and integrating import/export compliance into business operations.
- Experience evaluating and auditing trade compliance matters to identify operational issues, and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve compliance problems.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills; ability to engage at all levels of internal and external organizations.
- Ability to develop and write clear and concise processes and procedures.
- Experience conducting formal training and presentations with an ability to effectively communicate procedural requirements.
- Successful candidate will thrive in working in a small team with limited supervision, hands on designing and implementing compliance modules.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Strong project management skills, to include managing and prioritizing multiple concurrent projects, and reporting progress and risks to colleagues and senior management.
- Solid computer skills: MS Office Suite.
To Apply: Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Trade Compliance Manager 120718 in the subject line.
Principals only. No recruiters please.
Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.