Technical Application Scientist – Cell Therapy
Technical Services | Santa Ana | CA
We are hiring for a Technical Application Scientist – Cell Therapy (CT). The Technical Application Scientist will work with Field Sales to build productive relationships with Basic, Translational Stem Cell, and Process Development scientists or engineers at targeted Cell Therapy and Regenerative Medicine accounts (academic or industrial). The goal of the relationship is to increase business activity both in sales of media and reagent products and through collaborative media development and optimization projects. Additionally, the Technical Application Scientist supports CT product lines; development of custom media business and media optimization projects.
- Provide technical support to customers, as well as FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific and distributor sales and marketing personnel (via phone, email, customer visits)
- Execute core strategy, implement assigned tactics for Cell Therapy products and services (e.g., customer visits, conference/tradeshow participation and workshop presentations)
- Modify or create material for Sales call support, customer training and sales meetings; includes conducting new product training, seminars with sales and R&D (e.g., for media optimization capabilities), and updating the sales team on both R&D/technical and operational capabilities development
- Gather competitive intelligence as assigned; implement tactics to both defend existing positions and differentiate Irvine Scientific CT vs competitors to win new business
- Participate in developing and writing technical papers and conference posters as needed
- Develop network of key thought leaders/influencers in the Cell Therapy and Regenerative Medicine and upstream CT bioprocessing domain; may include one on one meetings, business social networks (e.g. LinkedIn) assigned tradeshows/conferences, and interactive relevant workshops
- Work with technical-commercial collaborators [as assigned by management] around co-promotion of products/capabilities and demonstrated value to market through these cooperative efforts
- Input fully characterized justifications on new product ideas
- Participate in market assessments for proposed products
- Update CRM daily and weekly, and prepare monthly reports for the Cell Therapy Business Leadership and Product Manager
- MS in Biology, Cell and Molecular Biology or related Life Sciences discipline; PhD preferred
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working with or in a translational research setting
- Technical background, preferably with a biotech/biopharma company or translational research laboratory in late-stage R&D and/or Clinical Trial process
- Direct involvement in an analogous technical applications role and/or customer-engaged media optimization/custom product development activities
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.