Manufacturing | Santa Ana | CA
We are seeking a Supply Planner to be responsible for owning the processes around executing raw material and finish good inventory requisition for purchase, manage change by exception ad modeling/projecting inventory levels. The Supply Planner will support Irvine Scientific growth by driving improved inventory turns, hitting target service levels, and controlling the creation of excess inventory. To be successful, this individual will be required to move easily between systematic modeling, tactical analysis, and detailed execution of work plan. This individual will need to possess a strong combination of leadership, analytical, and communication skills.
- Lead the Supply Planning Review Process (SPR) within Operations & Quality.
- Partner with Demand Planner on demand & supply scenario modeling.
- Develop 12–18 Month Production Projections and Aggregate Plant Capacity review.
- Develop supply planning metrics and process KPI.
- Model, establish, and track safety stock levels to hit service level targets.
- Accountable for all RM & FG planning and requisition placement in Jeeves.
- Oversee the analysis and projections of Excess & Obsolescence (E&O) & Scrap Reporting and work with manager to develop action plan for improvement opportunities.
- Partner with Quality in Material Review Board (MRB) committee.
- Partner with Sourcing to identify and resolve constraints as well as help drive lead time improvements with suppliers.
- Partner with purchasing to determine expedite needs and cancellation requests of materials.
- Oversee the planning value review process and analysis with various departments and ensure accurate values are populated in Jeeves planning data tab.
- Bachelor Degree with concentration in Supply Chain, Operations, Statistics, Economics, Purchasing, or related science or finance industry.
- Master Degree is highly desirable.
- APICS or ISM Certification is preferred but not required.
- Supply Planning experience in Jeeves ERP or other related inventory planning tools preferred.
- Competent and knowledgeable in utilizing best practices in inventory management, APICS, or other Supply Chain organization experience is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Expert level Microsoft Excel and database reporting skills is a plus.
- Ability to identify and evaluate key supply issues for the company and develop alternative solutions to meet KPI goals.
- Minimum 5–6 years of planning experience in similar or equivalent role is preferred.
- Life sciences experience or regulated industry experience is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to speak and read English.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Please send resume to: IS_HR@irvinesci.com. Please put SP 122817 in the subject line.
Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer.