Sr. Scientist I – Materials Science and Technology (MSAT)
R&D | Santa Ana | CA
We are hiring for a Senior Scientist I – Materials Science and Technologies (MSAT). The Senior Scientist conducts experiments to support process development and technology transfer activities. In addition, this person will conduct activities relating to process development, understanding cell culture media formulations, and providing technical support.
- Design experiments related to media manufacturing, raw material analysis, and media formulation optimization
- Facilitate troubleshooting activities when needed by using deep solution chemistry background
- Lead customer facing projects to support process development and product manufacturing
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure successful project completion
- Identify critical factors required for a successful technology transfer from bench scale to production
- Prepare formal reports and presentations for group meetings
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications
- Good Documentation Practices & Good Laboratory Practices
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry with a strong engineering background
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant working experience in a process development setting
- Ability to use professional concepts, company's policies, and procedures to perform a wide range of assigned work and solve complex problems
- Ability to demonstrate potential for technical proficiency, scientific creativity and collaboration
- Advanced knowledge of media formulations and solution chemistry
- Advanced knowledge of laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of commonly used experimental/research concepts, practices, and procedures
- General knowledge of computer systems and productivity software
- General knowledge of project management
- General knowledge of GMP and GLP procedures
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.