Sr. Supply Chain Manager
Manufacturing | Santa Ana | CA
We are seeking a Sr. Supply Chain Manager to be responsible for optimization of material and service cost including raw material inventory levels and location control, and production schedules to meet customer expectations. Responsible for Finished Goods Planning and FG Inventory. Position encompasses coordinating raw material part numbers, ordering and inventory; finished goods planning and inventory, synchronizing requirements from other internal customers with regards to RM and FG.
- Implements company goals and requirements for Inventory Management (RM Inv. Turns, FG Inv. Turns, Overall FG valuation, Overall RM valuation) will develop guidance for Planners on pertinent metrics (Safety Stock levels for FG and RM, EOQ for FG and RM, Inventory turns for Catalog RM, etc.) and will be responsible for tracking and reporting these metrics on a monthly scorecard.
- Will be responsible to identify conflicts and trade-offs between Inventory Management goals and the goals of other departments, and will bring these issues to Sr. Management with clear recommendations and risks fully described (*Low Inventory vs. Large quantities of RM available for Un-forecast Custom Orders; **High Grade of RM vs. Low Cost RM; expiration of RM / Inventory Turns / Cost of Inventory; ***More frequent receipts of RM brings some risk for out-of-stock, can be mitigated by holding local inventory at supplier warehouse., more frequent receipts can impact Inspection & QC possibly requiring more resources).
- Will Analyze trends in RM and Packaging utilization and make recommendations for consolidation or supplier replacement.
- Process Owner for RM qualification: will set requirements for when to create new RM Part #, coordinate and manage process for new # vs. changing existing #, will work with QA and Marketing to achieve customer notification as necessary while minimizing the impact to both Irvine and our Customers.
- Manage Purchasing to assure low cost RM and superior Supplier Relationships are maintained.
- Analyze trends to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk; protect continuity of supply, and exploit emerging opportunities.
- Develop a negotiation strategy that delivers against business objectives and achieves sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Identify and implement ways to reduce costs.
- Continuous improvement of performance to reduce supply delays while shrinking inventory costs.
- Coordinate with QA and Technical Specialists to minimize time to qualify new FG and RM part numbers.
- Regularly communicate with internal departments to learn of new demands.
- BS/BA in business or equivalent; APICS certification.
- 5 to 10 years of Supply Chain, purchasing and planning experience in a cGMP and FDA regulated environment.
- 5 to 10 years of supervisory experience.
- 5+ years of experience using MRP and ERP systems.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Robust understanding of Global Supply Chain in a Manufacturing environment, inventory control and material resources planning.
- Life sciences experience or regulated industry experience is preferred.
- Ability to speak and read English.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Please send resume to: IS_HR@irvinesci.com. Please put SSCM 010418 in the subject line.
Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer.