Sr. Shipping Logistics Coordinator
Shipping/Logistics | Santa Ana | CA
We are hiring a Sr. Shipping Logistics Coordinator. The Sr. Shipping Logistics Coordinator provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers by facilitating the accurate and timely shipment and delivery of products and materials. This person’s work encompasses a broad range of activities required to ensure customers receive highest quality service through shipping accuracy, timeliness of shipments, and acceptable condition upon receipt.
- Schedule and monitor pickup, delivery, and distribution of products and materials
- Assess order and shipping status, and provide communication to other departments as required
- Coordinate shipment cancellations and changes
- Support customer service and shipping departments to ensure documentation, packaging, and other customer requirements are noted and completed as necessary
- Ensure tracking and tracing of shipments to international and domestic destinations, expediting orders when necessary
- Ensure that excellent communication and support is provided to internal departments and to customers, including support for complaint investigation and resolution
- Provide freight quote estimates as requested by sales, customer service, or shipping personnel
- Support Accounting to ensure accurate freight invoicing
- Report routinely against objectives and established KPIs
- Manage the completion, organization, and maintenance of all transactions, paperwork, reports, records, and documentation to meet compliance standards and business requirements
- File insurance and carrier claims related to shipping activities
- Review freight, carrier, and 3PL invoices for accuracy of charges and account coding
- Evaluate freight or inventory costs associated with transit times to ensure that costs are appropriate
- Evaluate and implement procedures within position scope for excellent service, better efficiency, cost reduction, and improved company reputation
- B.S. or B.A. in Supply Chain Management, Business, Operations Management or related field preferred
- 4-8+ years of related experience in a shipping logistics role with international responsibilities (import/export)
- Experience in life science, biopharma, or related industry is preferred
- Experience supporting operations in a multi-site, multinational manufacturing environment is desired
- Direct experience and strong knowledge of operational procedures regarding distribution logistics, such as air and ocean shipping, cross docking, import/export and related documentation, freight forwarders, LSPs/3PLs, etc.
- Knowledge of supply chain, including common obstacles and effective solutions / alternatives
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements, with emphasis on finished goods inventory control and transportation
- Knowledge of cold chain packaging and logistics
- Experience with pharma and/or medical device shipping and export highly desired
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong customer service experience
- Experience with Email, Word, Excel
- Experience with ERP, CRM, and similar enterprise business systems
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.