Senior Scientist I – Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART)
R&D | Santa Ana | CA
We are hiring for a Senior Scientist I - Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART). The Senior Scientist will conduct research leading to the development of new products. In addition, this person will perform activities relating to cell biology, product development, technical product support, regulatory submission support and process improvements.
- Develop experimental strategy and plans required for the development of new products or technologies related to but not limited to embryology, andrology, and theriogenology
- Supervise and conduct experimental work related to new product development
- Supervise and perform animal gametes and embryo handling, culturing and manipulation, cell staining, cryopreservation, PCR, and next generation sequencing
- Supervise and perform data analysis; prepare formal reports and presentations
- Support marketing and new products through presentations, publications, collaborative studies, interactions with key customers and as a participant in conferences
- Support regulatory submissions through analysis of clinical data and reports
- Contribute to development of long-range plans for R&D
- Learn, maintain and advance expertise in areas relevant to company’s products and strategic goals
- PhD in Life Sciences, Biochemistry, Human Genetics, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Developmental Biology, or related science
- Clinical Embryology knowledge and experience highly desired
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience, with emphasis in experimental design, execution and completion of projects related to cell culture products; Cell culture media development experience preferred
- Cell culture experience
- Broad scientific knowledge of Chemistry, Biochemistry, Genetics, Cell and Developmental Biology, and Microbiology
- Advanced knowledge of embryology, andrology, and theriogenology and cryopreservation highly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of project management
- Experience with creating, conducting and executing new assays as needed
- Proficient in personal and organizational time management
- General knowledge of GMP, GLP procedures, and FDA regulations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.