Senior Product Manager – Industrial Cell Culture
Marketing | Santa Ana | CA
This position is responsible for overseeing Oversees all aspects of the marketing business and supports the Head of Global Sales & Marketing with their basic function.
- Supports assigned product line(s) and assures that current and potential customers receive the highest quality products and the best service possible.
- Marketing of product line to assure that business objectives are met.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of on-market and new products, as well as custom services.
- Provide leadership and execution for products across the product line for Irvine Scientific.
- Develop marketing and promotional plans, market research and sales tools to drive top line.
- Identify, track and analyze product sales and profit performance of assigned product areas and assesses effects of promotions and provides reports to management. Based on such analyses, recommends improvements to enhance promotional efforts and business growth to meet business objectives
- Maintain a current and complete understanding of the assigned markets and assess trends/dynamics of the segments to proactively position Irvine Scientific.
- Maintain regular communication and contact with field sales personnel, advertising agencies, P.R. agencies, professional organizations and customers to keep abreast of marketing trends and evaluate effectiveness of marketing business activities. Ensure that market plans are understood by the sales force and distributors.
- Manage inventory, pricing, customer communications and revenue forecasts.
- Manage supply, demand, revenue, margin and pricing for product portfolio and custom projects; update and present forecasts regularly to management, finance, and manufacturing teams.
- Formulating and recommending product pricing, including published price list, custom pricing, special customer pricing and distributor pricing.
- Serve as the internal expert for the product lines and provide strategic guidance and direction for the positioning of Irvine Scientifics’ products.
- Development of product strategy, product definition, positioning, and product lifecycle management.
- Gathers competitive intelligence to develop global strategies and tactics for dealing with the opportunities and threats in the assigned primary markets to ensure increased market share for all of Irvine Scientifics’ products.
- Recommending product modifications or improvements based on market research, sales personnel and market feedback, process improvement and customer input.
- Proposed opportunities for line extensions and ancillary products for product lines. Develop business proposals which assess impact on worldwide markets, short and long term strategies, short and long term market forecasts, customer requirements, proposed pricing, financial and strategic impact on overall Irvine Scientific business objectives.
- Lead new product development teams from concept through commercialization. Oversees development of new products, including market surveys, sales forecasting, and field test evaluations. Interfaces with consultants and customers on new products.
- Creating, executing and tracking new product launch activities (e.g., forecasting, press releases, direct mail, sales force and distributor training and related activities).
- Promoting and cultivating relationships with industry leaders and key customers through support activities, membership in appropriate organizations, and advisory board panels.
- Develops new creative marketing programs, strategies and tactics to ensure that all sales channels are maximizing opportunities to position product lines to achieve business objective.
- Analyze market trends, customer requirements and competitive strategy, and identify opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product differentiation.
- Provide suggestions to improve current internal processes to streamline new product development and custom services
- Creates materials for sales training and sales meetings. Carries out assigned new product training; performs training in conjunction with R & D as appropriate for new staff, distributors, etc.
- Travels and represents Irvine Scientific at tradeshows and customer sites.
- BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry or Marketing. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with technical background and/or sales experience appropriate to the specific needs of the product line.
- Must have proven ability to build relationships and guide teams which include representatives from multiple functional areas, including R&D, Sales, Program Management, and Manufacturing.
- Must have experience in managing multiple stakeholders and resolving conflict within teams.
- Sales and marketing techniques and a technical background.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Strong business and customer focus are essential.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing Irvine Scientific’s product development and marketing plans, and a strong knowledge of the target market, market expectations, and requirements for developing, promoting and selling products to such market.
- Must be able to manage project scope, budget and schedule to achieve timely completion of project deliverables.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written and presentation techniques.
To apply: Please send resume with salary history to: IS_HR@irvinesci.com. Please put SPM ICC 101117 in the subject line.
Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer.