Research Associate – Industrial Cell Culture (ICC)
R&D | Santa Ana | CA
We are hiring for a Research Associate. As a Research Associate, you will conduct research under the direction of a supervisor leading to the development of new or improved products. The Research Associate will conduct all activities relating to cell biology research, product development, technical product support, or process improvements.
- Perform cell culture experiments for development of cell biology research, product development, technical product support, and/or process improvements
- Works on problems of moderate scope in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors
- Exercises judgment within general defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Perform various chemical/biological assays
- Perform data analysis and experimental design
- Prepare formal reports and presentations
- Actively participate in group/project meetings
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications
- Document information
- BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biological Engineering, or related field
- Ability to use professional concepts, company's policies, and procedures to perform a wide range of assigned work and solve complex problems
- Ability to demonstrate potential for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought
- Advanced knowledge of Cell Culture, Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Microbiology
- Advanced knowledge of basic laboratory equipment (scales, pH meters, etc.)
- Knowledge of commonly used experimental/research concepts, practices, and procedures
- General knowledge of computer systems and productivity software
- General knowledge of project management
- General knowledge of GMP and GLP procedures
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.