Research Associate II – Gene Therapy
R&D | Santa Ana | CA
We are hiring for a Research Associate II - Gene Therapy. As a Research Associate, you will conduct research under the direction of a supervisor leading to the support of product and process development. The Research Associate will conduct all activities relating to process development, understanding cell culture media formulations and providing technical support.
- Design experiments related to media preparation, raw material analysis, and media formulation optimization
- Develop physical scale-down models that represent particular risk factors of full-scale media prep processes
- Identify critical factors required for a successful technology transfer from bench scale to production
- Analyze data and build statistical models to predict process performance
- Develop and perform various physiochemical assays to predict and troubleshoot formulation failures
- Prepare formal reports and presentations for group meetings
- Communicate research and development findings in cross-disciplinary team meetings as well as with external partners
- Actively participate in group/project meetings
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications
- Adhere to Good Documentation Practices & Good Laboratory Practices
- BS degree in a Molecular/Cell Biology or a related field; MS preferred
- Ability to use professional concepts, company's policies, and procedures to performe a wide range of assigned work and solve complex problems
- Ability to demonstrate potential for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought
- Experience with Media preparation, quantitative PCR, flow cytometry, ELISA, and data analysis preferred
- Proficient in using statistical software such as Excel, Graphpad Prism, etc.
- Experience with AAV and/or lentivirus vectors production is a BIG plus
- Advanced knowledge of Cell Culture Media, Biochemistry, and Cell Biology, including experience with mammalian and virus cells
- Advanced knowledge of basic laboratory equipment (scales, pH meters, etc.)
- Knowledge of commonly used experimental/research concepts, practices, and procedures
- General knowledge of computer systems and productivity software
- General knowledge of project management
- General knowledge of GMP and GLP procedures
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.