Research Associate I – Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART)
R&D | Santa Ana | CA
We are hiring for a Research Associate I - Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART). The Research Associate will conduct research under the direction of a supervisor leading to the development of new or improved products in the Assisted Reproductive Technologies. In addition, this person will perform activities relating to cell biology, product development, technical product support, and process improvements.
- Perform cell culture experiments for development of cell biology research, product development, technical product support, and/or process improvements
- Formulate and prepare reagents and cell culture media
- Perform various chemical/biological assays
- Perform basic data analysis and generate summary data reports
- Assist in experimental design
- Assist in preparation of formal reports and presentations
- Assist in troubleshooting equipment and experimental problems
- BS in a Biological or Chemical Science or equivalent; Clinical Embryology knowledge and experience highly desired
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Good general knowledge of Cell Culture, Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Microbiology; Mammalian Cell Culture experience preferred
- Good working knowledge of basic laboratory equipment (scales, pH meters, etc.)
- Knowledge of commonly used gamete/embryo manipulation techniques (preferred), experimental/research concepts, practices, and procedures
- Protein assays including ELISA, Western blotting, flow cytometry, immunocytochemistry
- Experience in light and fluorescence microscopy
- Experience in tissue dissection preferred
- Bioengineering, software coding, image analysis experience highly desired but not required
- General knowledge of computer systems and productivity software
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.