R&D | Santa Ana | CA
We are seeking an individual to conduct research under the direction of a senior scientist supervisor leading to the development of new or improved products. Handles all activities relating to cell biology research, product development, technical product support, or process improvements.
- Perform cell culture experiments for development of cell biology research, product development, technical product support, and/or process improvements.
- Experience with media preparation, flow cytometry, antibody quantitation, and ELISA is preferred.
- Handling of various primary cells and cell lines in both adherent and suspension cultures.
- Works on problems of moderate scope in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within general defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Perform various chemical/biological assays such as cell counting, staining, and imaging.
- Perform data analysis and experimental design.
- Prepare formal reports and presentations for group meetings.
- Actively participate in group/project meetings.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Good Documentation Practices & Good Laboratory Practices.
- B.S. in a Biological/Chemical Science or equivalent. M.S. preferred.
- Minimum 5 year of relevant working experience.
- General lab safety.
- Ability to use professional concepts, company's policies, and procedures to perform a wide range of assigned work and solve complex problems.
- Ability to demonstrate potential for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent.
- Advanced knowledge of Cell Culture and Cell Biology (preference for immunological and primary stem cells).
- Advanced knowledge of flow cytometry.
- Advanced knowledge of basic laboratory equipment (scales, pH meters, etc.).
- Knowledge of commonly used experimental/research concepts, practices, and procedures.
- General knowledge of computer systems and productivity software.
- General knowledge of project management.
- General knowledge of GMP and GLP procedures.
- Ability to speak, write and read English fluently.
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.