HR | Santa Ana | CA
We are seeking an individual to manage all aspects of the recruitment process, from sourcing and attracting talent through generating recruitment plans to extending offers and onboarding for positions at all levels and areas of the business. This highly visible position will need to network and develop strong business relationships within the industry, as well as with senior management. This person will work with existing HR team to develop recruiting excellence for the organization.
Job Duties (WORK PERFORMED INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO):
- Opening position approval authorization according to headcount budget and working with hiring manager to identify requirements of job openings and determine staffing needs.
- Developing and maintaining job descriptions and job postings, executing all required job postings in a timely manner.
- Setting goals to hire right the first time and reduce time to hire.
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved.
- Completing and distributing biweekly and monthly staffing reports.
- Determining appropriate recruiting sources for advertising and posting positions.
- Positively promoting the company image to candidates and external service providers.
- Sourcing candidates and developing networks of people and processes to support a strong pipeline of qualified candidates.
- Pre-screening resumes and candidates by performing phone and in-person interviews. Coordinating interviews with hiring manager.
- Evaluating effectiveness of electronic candidate evaluation tools.
- Documenting candidate evaluation and interview process status.
- Making recommendations to hiring managers.
- Performing reference and background checks.
- Maintaining employee referral and internship programs.
- Negotiating and/or supporting hiring manager in developing new hire compensation package/offers.
- Working with agencies, recruiting contractors and/or internet website representatives in the course of conducting employment advertising campaigns.
- Providing performance feedback on all recruiting agencies/sources.
- Researching, identifying and recommending best practices for full cycle recruitment function, including alternative staffing strategies.
- Maintaining contracts with online job boards/sites, making recommendations on which sites to use, and budgeting for new licenses.
- Developing and maintaining contacts and act as liaison with schools, alumni groups, outreach organizations, and other groups as necessary to meet recruiting objectives.
- Responsibility for maintaining affirmative action compliance, outreach goals, documentation and required reporting.
- Staying current on the company’s organization structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- Initiating the onboarding and orientation process with new employees.
- Administering of organizational policies and procedures as they relate to hiring functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, or related field. PHR, SPHR certification desired but not required.
- 4+ years of relevant recruiting experience. Life science recruiting experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of federal and CA labor laws.
- Full life cycle recruiting.
- Experience working with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and/or HRIS systems.
- Possession of the highest level of tact and diplomacy is a necessity.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organization skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Gmail.
- Must possess considerable skill in multiple interviewing techniques.
To Apply: Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Recruiter 101818 in the subject line.
Principals only. No recruiters please.
Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.