Production Scheduler - Powder
Manufacturing | Santa Ana | CA
We are seeking a Production Scheduler to be responsible for creating and scheduling work orders for production. The Production Scheduler will support Irvine Scientific growth by developing detailed production schedules and leading efforts to optimize asset utilization while delivering superior internal customer satisfaction. To be successful, this individual will be required to be detailed-oriented, data driven, self-motivated, cost conscious, respectful, and works well in a complex but dynamic team environment.
- Create Powder Manufacturing and Packaging Schedule using Jeeves MRP.
- Track Powder Manufacturing and Packaging Schedule Attainment Metric.
- Creates Work Order for Standard & Custom Powders.
- Determine weekly production schedules based on existing plant capacity and available resources.
- Facilitates Work Order Aging closures with Production.
- Communicate Work in Progress priorities and issues with Production Management.
- Coordinate with Supply Planner on planning value (cycle time) updates in Jeeves.
- Plan, prepare, control, implement, and publish and maintain production schedule communication utilizing available tools such as IS Intranet.
- Update Work Order changes and communicate with Supply Planner.
- Analyze rough capacity plans and work flow load leveling for Production Execution.
- Other duties can be assigned.
- A high school diploma is required.
- A Bachelor Degree with concentration in Supply Chain, Operations, Mathematics, Economics, Purchasing, or related science or finance industry is preferred.
- APICS or ISM Certification is preferred but not required.
- Production scheduling experience in Jeeves ERP or other related inventory planning tools preferred.
- Competent and knowledgeable in utilizing best practices in inventory management, APICS, or other Supply Chain organization experience is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Minimum 3-4 years of production scheduling in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment or equivalent role is preferred.
- Shop floor control or manufacturing resource planning system.
- Life sciences experience or regulated industry experience is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to speak and read English.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
To Apply: Please send resume to: IS_HR@irvinesci.com. Please put PS 122817 in the subject line.
Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer.