Production Floor Supervisor
Manufacturing | Santa Ana | CA
We are hiring Production Floor Supervisors for our first and second shifts (one per shift). The Production Floor Supervisor is Responsible for all departmental production activities to include formulation, in-process testing, filling, labeling/packaging, documentation, housekeeping and production logs, scheduling and component inventory control. The Production Floor Supervisor oversees formulation, mixing, sterile/non-sterile filtration/filling and labeling/packaging of liquid media and powder media and related products.
- Train and supervise all department personnel
- Review labor costs and implement process improvements to lower product cost and improve efficiency
- Review new and completed lot folders and maintain all records and logs per current company policy and regulations
- Create and implement manufacturing protocols as needed
- Create, review or revise production schedules as needed as it relates to personnel and equipment
- Maintain area and equipment
- Make recommendations for the improvement of any procedures or processes that will result in better efficiency, cost reduction, employee safety and/or improved product quality
- Propose, write, and review departmental standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Receive, review, respond to and perform corrective / preventive actions in dealing with customer complaints, NCRs, CAPA and internal audits
- Track department’s safety performance and recommendations to make the manufacturing areas safe with a target of zero safety incidents
- BS/BA degree in Biology, Chemistry or related field, or equivalent experience
- Two years minimum experience in biological, chemical or pharmaceutical industry
- Three to five years in a direct personnel leadership position
- Working experience with computers, Microsoft Office, and ERP systems
- Related science background
- Formulation, compounding, or related manufacturing exposure
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.