Powder Formulation Tech
Manufacturing | Santa Ana | CA
We are hiring for a Powder Formulation Tech. The Powder Formulation Tech is responsible for the formulation of our company’s powder cell culture media products.
- Formulates Powder media formulas per manufacturing protocols utilizing various weighing equipment such as scales and balance
- Uses Mettler-Toledo IND780 terminal system to ensure correct raw materials assigned in the batch record are used and at the specified quantity
- Safely and effectively operates milling systems such as impact, ball and jar mills as well as blenders, including the large volume blender
- Reviews lot folders for accuracy, completeness and availability of components necessary to complete job prior to the scheduled date of production
- Obtains proper samples and forwards to QC as required
- Initiates Document Change Request (DCRs) as needed
- Suggest changes in departmental procedures and processes (SOPs) as needed
- Maintains all required logs and associated documentation
- Assures that all chemicals are stored and labeled properly
- Performs calibration on all required equipment including scales and balances
- Performs in process scale checks
- Works with production scheduling to ensure products are made in a timely manner
- Keeps work area, utensils, tanks, mills, and equipment clean and organized
- Ensures that supplies needed such as weigh boats, gloves, lab coats, etc. are well stocked in their designated areas
- Orders supplies or informs Lead/Supervisor if supplies need to be ordered
- Follows all safety procedures and works in a safe manner including wearing all required personal protective equipment
- Understands and follows procedures to ensure that chemicals are handled properly
- Safely and effectively operates dry heat oven, steam autoclave and various automated and manual equipment cleaning systems to clean mills, IBCs, etc.
- Follows and actively participates in sustaining the 6S program in the area
- Other duties as requested by Lead or Supervisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Stable work history
- Background in medical devices, diagnostics, food/vitamin processing, or pharmaceuticals
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience
- General education about chemicals and proper handling (college level science preferred)
- Working knowledge of metric system
- Good understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs)
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.