Materials Lead – 2nd Shift
Materials Management | Santa Ana | CA
We are hiring a Materials Lead for our second shift (1pm – 9:30pm). The Materials Lead is responsible for oversight of receiving and material handling operations. The position encompasses coordinating receiving, material handling, and inventory management activities.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employees performance
- Communicate job expectations and coach employees
- Maintain storage area by organizing floor space; adhere to storage design principles and recommend improvements
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet warehouse demands as dictated by production schedules and workflow
- Coordinate with Production Schedulers and Buyers to effectively utilize available space in the warehouse
- Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations
- Perform receiving, material handling, and inventory management
- Suggest changes in departmental procedures and processes
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of successful warehouse experience; experience in biotechnical area preferred, cGMP environment a plus
- Solid experience in managing multiple priorities in a mission critical warehouse environment
- Ability to input, retrieve and analyze data
- Previous Lead experience is a plus
- Full understanding of material storage, receipt, and inventory control procedures and practices
- Knowledge of ERP and/or inventory control systems
- Good understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.