Manufacturing Technician, MSS
Operations | Santa Ana | CA
We are hiring a Manufacturing Technician for our Manufacturing Support & Service (MSS) group. The Manufacturing Technician will assist in the manufacturing of both powder and liquid prototype cell culture media products. This person will be responsible for weighing and filling of powder containers, labeling, case packaging, and product inspection. The Manufacturing Technician will weigh powder, and then fill, package and label containers following the lot folder instructions. The technician will also perform inspection and label application for all filled product. The technician will also perform case packaging of all sterile filled products into appropriate boxes, as well as bottle/vial preparation and staging. This person will formulate powder complex, operate powder blender, impact mill and ball mill after proper training.
- Perform inspection of raw materials and packaging supplies for the lot; only stage the quantity of each item as per the product BOM
- Perform set-up of crimping torqueing, shrink-seal, labeling, packaging, off-torque testing and other equipment and ensures that they operate within specifications outlined in SOP
- Maintains inventory stock with accuracy
- Assemble buckets, boxes, and bottles for packaging
- Follow manufacturing protocols to formulate (weighing of solids and/or liquids), fill, label, and package cell culture media
- Record all information accurately according to standard operating procedure
- Assure packaged product is palletized, identified and boxed per MSS procedure and stored in the proper storage location
- Assure that all logbooks are maintained and that all required documentation is properly filled out in a timely manner
- Coordinates and performs routine equipment maintenance
- Understands and follows procedures to ensure that chemicals are handled properly
- Maintain clean and orderly work area and perform necessary housekeeping duties
- Perform other duties as requested by Lead or Supervisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; AA degree or college-level chemistry coursework preferred
- Experience in an industrial manufacturing environment required; medical device, food/vitamin processing, or pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Knowledge of the Metric System
- Ability to understand current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Good oral and written communication skills
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.