Manufacturing Support Services Specialist
Manufacturing | Santa Ana | CA
We are seeking an individual to assist the Program Group Lead and Formulation and Feasibility Scientist in accomplishing various tasks such as formula review and evaluation, product formulation, documentation, raw material procurement, inventory. 80% Office 20% Laboratory.
- Oversee all processes and procedures which impact MSS, all inventory and batch record documentation review & all technical input for in-process formulations.
- Review batch records for consistency and good documentation practices.
- Maintain and update inventory and schedules with planning for timely deliver.
- Review and create MSDS for all new products.
- Review formulation history records, raw materials, and finish product specifications for trends and initiates appropriate process modifications.
- Act as the primary and or secondary backup to Program Group Lead and the Formulation and Feasibility Scientist.
- Will work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, detail orientation, the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and prioritize work.
- Good math skills, computer skills and a good understanding of general Chemistry and Biochemistry.
- Respond to technical inquires and concerns.
- Support new product development and transfer between R&D and manufacturing.
- B.S. or B.A. in Biology or Chemistry preferred.
- Knowledge of cell culture media formulation, aseptic dispensing, and clean room practices.
- Writing/Revising Standard Operating Procedures.
- Good writing/reading and communication skills.
- Good documentation practices.
- Ability to speak and read English. Good oral and written communication skills.
To Apply: Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put MSS – TSS 102418 in the subject line.
Principals only. No recruiters please.
Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.