Liquid Production Manager
Manufacturing | Santa Ana | CA
We are hiring a Liquid Media Production Manager. The Liquid Production Manager leads all activities of Liquid Media production, plans resources, materials and equipment to ensure quality products are delivered on time to inventory to meet customer and market demands. This person formulates and recommends manufacturing policies and programs which help guide the corporation in improving its safety, quality, productivity and competitive position of the operation.
The work for this role encompasses the broad range of activities required to achieve established goals for productivity, cost of production, product quality, and safety of employees. This includes necessary planning, designing processes, securing necessary materials, and promoting and executing the appropriate strategy for the department. The Liquid Production Manager ensures all processes, procedures and quality policies comply with QSR, ISO 13485 and any other applicable requirements.
- Manage the formulation, aseptic filling production, labeling and packaging operations for Fujifilm Irvine Scientific’s Liquid Media manufacturing
- Develop effective policies and procedures with regard to manufacturing activities that meet with corporate policies, established budgetary guidelines, health and safety of employees, applicable governmental regulations, and emerging technologies
- Define and recommend manufacturing objectives; develop specific short and long range plans and programs together with supporting budget requests
- Manage the production schedule as it relates to personnel/materials availability and equipment readiness to meet the customer demands
- Propose and implement initiatives in supporting Operations’ objectives in safety, continuous improvements, cost reduction and Quality Systems
- Manage manufacturing of catalog and custom products per established procedures while meeting approved specifications and quality
- Track product trends and makes long term recommendations for Personnel and Equipment planning
- Define and suggest the procurement, installation and maintenance of processing equipment used in manufacturing
- Identify required training and developmental needs for all employees; develop tracking system to help achieve the training goals set as monthly key performance indicator
- Measure departmental performance, and implement procedures to ensure improvements in quality, efficiency, cost reduction, and company reputation
- BS in Biology, Chemistry or equivalent
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of experience in Pharmaceutical/Diagnostic Production, with a minimum of five years of management experience in a cGMP manufacturing environment with multiple levels of direct and indirect reports
- Five years of aseptic media filling is required
- Detailed knowledge of the processes necessary to produce quality products in a cGMP and aseptic processing manufacturing environment
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.