Liquid Formulation Technician
DIVISION: Operations | DEPARTMENT: Production | FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Formulation of liquid media and diagnostic components.
Liquid media, diagnostic products, powered media.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Formulates liquid and / or Diagnostic formulas per manufacturing protocols utilizing various weighing equipment such as scales and balance.
- Handles both solid and liquid raw materials/component to successfully formulate Liquid batches.
- Uses Mettler-Toledo IND780 terminal system to ensure correct raw materials assigned in the batch record are used and at the specified quantity.
- Reviews lot folders for accuracy, completeness and availability of components necessary to complete job prior to the scheduled date of production.
- Obtains proper samples and forwards to QC as required.
- Initiates Document Change Request (DCRs) as needed.
- Suggest changes in departmental procedures and processes (SOPs) as needed.
- Maintains all required logs and associated documentation.
- Assures that all chemicals are stored and labeled properly.
- Performs calibration on all required equipment including pH meters and osmometers.
- Verifies scale / balance calibration, performs in process scale checks.
- Keeps work area, utensils, tanks, mills, and equipment clean and organized per 6S training.
- Ensures that supplies needed such as weigh boats, gloves, lab coats, etc. are well stocked in their designated areas. Orders supplies or informs Lead/Supervisor if supplies need to be ordered.
- Follows all safety procedures and works in a safe manner including wearing all required personal protective equipment.
- Understands and follows procedures to ensure that chemicals are handled properly.
- Good understanding of pH and osmolality.
- Safely and effectively operates dry heat oven, steam autoclave, centrifuge, mixers, heaters, pH/Osmolality meters and other equipment as necessary.
- Other duties as requested by Lead or Supervisor.
A) Positions Directly Supervised - None
B) Positions Indirectly Supervised - None
For fully qualified Technician, Supervision primarily involves assigning work, training and periodic monitoring.
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY
MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS
Raw materials, chemicals, and water.
Ph meter, osmometer, balances, autoclaves, freezer/cooler storage, centrifuges, vacuum pumps, media tanks, peristaltic pumps, dry heat ovens, mixers, glassware.
BUSINESS CONTACTS (Internal and External)
- Internal: QC, Materials, and Support Services
- External: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUIVALENT EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED
- Minimum AA degree in Chemistry. BS in Chemistry is desirable.
- 2-5 years’ experience in liquid formulation / compounding in a GMP regulated environment.
- Working knowledge of lab equipment and instruments such as pH meters, Osmometers, scales, balances, pumps, etc.
- Good work history.
- College level education in chemistry and knowledge of safely handling the chemicals.
- Working knowledge of metric system.
- Good understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
LANGUAGE SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Refer to Quality Systems Manual, QSM-001.
described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, use hands to handle, feel and reach, climb or balance, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals and extreme cold (freezers) thus requiring protective clothing and breathing apparatus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can be above 90 dbx in some manufacturing areas thus requiring hearing protection.
Please send resume to: email@example.com. Please put Clean Room Technician 122818 in the subject line.
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.