Liquid Formulation Tech
Manufacturing | Santa Ana | CA
We are hiring a Liquid Formulation Technician. The Liquid Formulation Technician is responsible for the formulation of liquid cell culture media products and diagnostic components.
- Formulate liquid and / or diagnostic formulas per manufacturing protocols utilizing various weighing equipment such as scales and balances
- Handle both solid and liquid raw materials/component to successfully formulate Liquid batches
- Use Mettler-Toledo IND780 terminal system to ensure correct raw materials assigned in the batch record are used and at the specified quantity
- Review lot folders for accuracy, completeness and availability of components necessary to complete job prior to the scheduled date of production
- Obtain proper samples and forward to QC as required
- Initiate Document Change Requests (DCRs) as needed
- Suggest changes in departmental procedures and processes (SOPs) as needed
- Maintain all required logs and associated documentation
- Assure that all chemicals are stored and labeled properly
- Perform calibration on all required equipment including pH meters and osmometers
- Verify scale / balance calibration and perform in-process scale checks
- Keep work area, utensils, tanks, mills, and equipment clean and organized per 6S training
- Ensure that supplies needed such as weigh boats, gloves, lab coats, etc. are well stocked in their designated areas; order supplies or inform Lead/Supervisor if supplies need to be ordered
- Follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner including wearing all required personal protective equipment
- Understand and follow procedures to ensure that chemicals are handled properly
- Safely and effectively operate dry heat oven, steam autoclave, centrifuge, mixers, heaters, pH/Osmolality meters and other equipment as necessary
- Other duties as requested by Lead or Supervisor
- Associate’s Degree in Chemistry required; Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry preferred
- 2-5 years’ experience in liquid formulation / compounding in a GMP regulated environment
- Good understanding of pH and osmolality
- Working knowledge of lab equipment and instruments such as pH meters, Osmometers, scales, balances, pumps, etc.
- Stable work history
- College level education in chemistry and knowledge of safely handling the chemicals
- Working knowledge of metric system
- Good understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.