IT Support Specialist
Information Technology | Santa Ana | CA
We are hiring for an IT Support Specialist. The IT Support Specialist installs, maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs personal computer systems and laptops, related hardware components and computer peripherals, and personal computer software applications and operating systems. In this role, you will also document, maintain, upgrade or replace hardware and software systems. The IT Support Specialist maintains user account information including access, permissions, and systems groups, and may perform some limited system administration functions. The person in this role also provides end-user technical support and training, Help Desk task management, and IT customer service.
IT Help Desk Support
- Provide PC and laptop hardware support, including installations, relocations, and upgrades
- Provide necessary desktop application support and deployment
- Responsible for creating and maintaining user login, group access and security records
- Provide necessary user training on network and desktop applications
- Provide additional technical support services, such as teleconference and videoconference meetings; desktop phone support; conference room projectors and audio-visual support; network cabling and connectivity; etc.
IT Asset Inventory
- Maintain inventory and configuration documentation on personal computers
- Maintain software inventory and licensing records for personal computers
- Submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Practices and promotes ethical computing
- Provide secondary support and assistance to other IT staff members
- Create and maintain documentation and desktop instructions for all routinely performed tasks
- May participate in rotation of 24/7 support for critical IT issues
- Basic account management associated with access and permissions, such as Active Directory, email account access, etc.
- May monitor network and system resources to ensure availability and optimal performance
- May support routine network backups and routine systems and networking tasks, or other special tasks as assigned
- Will escalate problems as required to system engineers, ERP/database administrators, and/or to IT management as required
- BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years in an information technology service role, with direct experience supporting end-user computer hardware and software in a networked corporate environment
- Technical background with Windows Administration, Ethernet / Fiber and wireless technology, TCP/IP and related networking technology, networked systems and printer setups, maintenance and troubleshooting of personal computer hardware, software, and operating systems
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.