Field Applications Scientist – Industrial Cell Culture
Sales | USA | Field
Work with Field Sales to build productive relationships with Process Development scientists/engineers at prescribed Biopharma accounts, with the goal of increasing business activity both in sales of media and reagent products and through collaborative media development/optimization projects.
- Provides technical support to customers, Sales and distributors (via phone, email, customer visits)
- Executes against core strategy and implements assigned tactics for product areas within the Industrial Cell Culture portfolio (e.g., conference/tradeshow participation and workshop presentations; contributions to technical forums and customer/regional product/capabilities fairs)
- Creates materials for Sales training and Sales meetings, emphasizing company capabilities and product performance attributes. Conducts assigned new product training, performs training in conjunction with R&D (as appropriate – e.g., for media optimization capabilities), and updates Sales team on both R&D/technical and Operational capabilities development
- Gathers competitive intelligence as assigned; implements tactics to both defend existing positions and differentiate IS ICC vs competitors to win new business
- Writes or participates in development of technical papers and conference posters related to specific products and/or company capabilities (i.e., contributes to generation of technical marketing collateral)
- Develops network of key thought leaders/influencers in the Industrial Cell Culture and Upstream BioProcessing domain through business social networks such as Linked-In and by actively participating in assigned tradeshows/conferences, especially when interactive workshops are relevant.
- Works with technical-commercial collaborators [as assigned by management] around co-promotion of products/capabilities and demonstrated value to market through these cooperative efforts.
- Inputs fully characterized justifications on new product ideas; participates in market assessments for proposed products
- Prepares monthly reports for the regional Business Manager and appropriate Product Managers.
- BS in Biology, Biochemical Engineering or related Life Sciences discipline. MS or PhD is desirable.
- Technical background, preferably with a biotech/biopharm/vaccine company in late-stage R&D and/or Process Development for Upstream BioProcessing [or with a Media development and supply company, being directly involved in an analogous FAS role and/or customer-engaged media optimization/custom product development activities]. Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of experience working with or in the biotech/biopharm sector.
- Intermediate level of cell culture science, upstream bioprocessing and its optimization, and general ‘technical marketing’ techniques. The successful candidate will also need to display an aptitude for engaging with Sales representatives and customers on a peer-level scientific basis while embracing an appropriate degree of commercial savvy to ensure that business objectives are ultimately met.
- Ability to speak and read English. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent presentation skills (both in small/direct meetings with customer scientists and management, as well as in large venues such as at conferences/symposia).
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain/project a positive attitude, especially during difficult situations. Ability to project confidence with a suitably balanced humility when engaging with scientists in customer-base.
- Requires the skill to work as part of a focused team over extended periods of time.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
To Apply: Please send resume with salary history to: IS_HR@irvinesci.com. Please put FAS 092117 in the subject line.
Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer.